Under the Points System
Permanent Residence under the Points system
This type of residency is different from the residency granted to persons of independent means. This residency requirement requires the applicant to be living and working in the Cayman Islands for at least 9 years. Upon your 8+ years of residency, you can make an application to the Immigration Department to be considered for residence.
However, you must satisfy the criteria as set out in Schedule 2 of the Immigration regulations, that being:
- Being employed (occupation)
- Demonstrating sound education, training, and experience
- Invest locally in property or business both
- Demonstrate you have suitable financial stability
- Demonstrate that you are community-minded/integrate into the Caymanian community by showing proof that you have volunteered your time in doing charity work or provided financial assistance for the benefit of Caymanians
- You will be required to complete a Cayman history and cultural test
- You have a close Caymanian connection (not a necessity, only if applicable)
Consideration is also given to your age, your nationality as well as your character and health.
For Immigration Support